Injury Care is initiated once injury and pain are experienced. The goal of injury care is to return you back to pre-injury status or better. This is when we explore not only the injury itself, but the causes of the injury and pain. The most important factors to be considered, related to your injury are:
- Mechanism of injury
- Repetitive movement patterns
- Sustained daily postures
- Previous history of injury
- Biomechanics – how well you move, stabilize, and create force
- Injury category – chronic vs acute
Performance Care has another purpose, entirely. Performance care is initiated once an injury has been stabilized and overcome. The concept of performance care has become an integral part of athletic performance in Olympic and professional sports. However, more and more people are making it part of their lifestyle. In a sense, we are all athletes with a goal to move and maintain our bodies the best we can.
Our health is our responsibility. Living an active healthy lifestyle will always be the best way to achieve physical health. As more and more of us make this lifestyle choice, we begin to see the benefits of performance care for improving the way we can participate in the gym, in sport, at work, and in daily life.
Performance care bridges the gap between living a more physical, active lifestyle and preventing overuse and break down. The goal of performance care is to achieve the following:
- Release restrictions and limitations
- Improve full body biomechanics
- Improve strength
- Improve force production
- Improve posture
- Improve positioning in action
- Decrease overuse
You’re a candidate for performance care, here in our office, if you:
- Live active lifestyle
- Feel that you could improve your range of motion
- Would like to improve your positioning while working out or playing sports
- Would like to improve your sustained postures while sitting, standing, etc.
- Are interested in preventing injury
We’re here to take care of your injury and performance care needs! (561) 318-8070